Sunday, December 23, 2007

Matthew Terry



Matthew Terry came on Friday, December 21st at 9:31am via C-section. He weighed 8#12oz. 20 3/4 inches!! I had called my dr. Thursday wondering if I was coming down with a sinus infection, he asked me if I could check my BP and call him back. It was 126/86 - he decided that I needed to go get another NST at the hospital. We got the NST Thursday evening and he came by to offer a C-section the next day. He said that I was bascially uniducible - my cervix hadn't budged a centimeter at almost 42 weeks! Of course, he said that I could still wait to have the section on Monday if I wanted to. I was so relieved and happy to have the offer!!!
We checked in at 6:30 and had to wait for another planned C-section ahead of mine - that was the hardest part! Thankfully, I had bought a "search a word" puzzle book for the whole waiting process when I assumed that I would have a normal 12-13 hour labor.
Thankfully, I can say that it wasn't a bad experience at all. The hardest part was the waiting! One of the best things, apart from seeing a beautiful baby boy, of course, was being able to lay in the recovery room afterwards - for the first time in months, I was laying on my back and on not having any type of pain or discomfort! It was nice not feeling anything from about my diaphragm on down :o)
We came home this afternoon, Matthew has been fed and is currently sleeping. He is such a mystery! It's very humbling to have this responsibility, we do feel the weigt of it.
Anyway, overall, I feel good!! Thanks so much for the prayers and notes of encouragement - it really does mean so much!

9 comments:

Molly said...

Ha ha, I checked out your blog to see if there were any last min posts before going to the hospital tonight (Sun) to be induced...boy, was I surprised!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you! I can't believe what a pound and a quarter difference makes between Caleb and Matthew! Matthew looks like a football player next to our skinny little runt! :) He is a cutie...I love that blond hair and little round face! Can't wait to meet him! Take care of yourself and enjoy that sweet boy! Glad everyone is home and doing well!

Carol Hightower said...

What a beautiful baby boy the Lord gave you two...oh, what fun! The kicker is M & M trying to figure out the competition! You look wonderful, Sweetie...Daddy looks happy, and I'm already in love with Matthew...Kind of reminds me of Casey/Jared...Praise the Lord. Hey, you will be (are) wonderful parents...it's always scary - our job is to be praying for you....and we are! See you soon...whew...now the world knows! Everyone is checking for pictures.....Much love, Mom and Dad...what joy!!!

Leanne said...

I am so thrilled to see pictures of that "little" baby! Our Matthew was 2 ounces bigger... Big babies sleep longer!! (hopefully...)
I am WAY IMPRESSED that you blogged already... You are amazing! Enjoy your very precious gift these next few days...it is absolutely awe-inspiring!
Congratulations!!
Leanne
p.s. Your pictures make me really want to have a C-section, by the way!

Carol Hightower said...

Good AM, Babe...Chrsitmas Eve...just HAD to look at the pictures of this precious family...it IS a miracle. I don't see how anyone cannot believe in God after they have witnessed the birth of their baby... Now, the fun really begins...he will never be this tiny again...try to look past the enormity of the job and ENJOY your little Man, big Man, and, of course, the 2 4-legged ones...Lord willing, see you tomorrow! Much love, (rest while you can), Mom

SooAnn said...

He is so beautiful!! I have tears streaming down my face as I'm typing this! I so wish I could be there physically to celbrate with you! I agree with your mom..it truly IS a miracle! Praise be to God! He is so good!

I can't wait to meet him and I'm glad your C-section went well! You will continue to be in my prayers!

Love ya tons!!

Carol Hightower said...

Good afternoon, Edwards Family...I just don't know if we can travel all that way without stopping and checking out the internet someplace along the way...I will have Matthew-withdrawal...I just sit and watch, look and dream - and praise the Lord for this wonderful child! I noticed in the one: Let's go home...it's like his little thumb is checking out the pacifier. He's a smart one! Alas.....Love you bunches, Mom (hope you are resting...DON'T do any housework - that's why we are coming!!!!)

COURTNEY said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He's adorable.

Troy & Sherry said...

love you and so excited for you guys - he is a adorbale and that hair is wonderful :)

Hayden405 said...

That is so so so awesome! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you guys! Praise be to God! I'll be praying for you and your family. That Matthew will grow up to be a great servent of God's and bring glory to Him!