Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Overwhelmed

That pretty much sums us up right now.
I have to believe that life will get better. Breast feeding is HARD with a newborn that goes ballistic when he doesn't "get it" after one or two sucks.
Matthew has his first doctors appt tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how much he weighs, since we are doing the breastfeeding thing.

We're so thankful for my parents who came down yesterday. They have been a great help!!

I'm also thankful for Cheryl - my new favorite person down here! She's is a lactation consultant that we called twice yesterday(on Christmas) when I was at my wits end with feeding. She came over and was a tremendous encouragement! I would say that this is probably the hardest thing I've ever done - I want to persevere and I want to give up.

I'm thankful to not be pregnant. Even though I'm still recovering from the C-section - and that's still sore, I feel so much better.

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband. If nothing else, this experience is making me love him more than ever!

3 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Yes, I finally got to read your blog and see your pictures. No e-mails in Cuba (sigh) OH MY GOODNESS how very cute. I just can't believe it. Thats all I keep thinking. My little K-teen is a mommy! I do not feel like this is possible. Where did the time goooo. I am sooo very proud of you! Big congrats to everyone. Give a big kiss to Matthew and tell him his Aunt Michelle loves him very much! Lots of hugs and kisses Michelle

Leanne said...

Hi Kristi...
its overwhelming if you don't breastfeed also, so don't feel like you are the only one! Christopher wouldn't eat and was jaundiced the first week...Matthew just screamed all the time! But whatever you decide in the end...even if you stop breastfeeding...the best thing you can do is just love on your baby!
I'm glad your parents are there to help you!!
AND... YES... this will make you love and appreciate your hubby in ways that you cannot even fathom.
I will be praying for you!
I can't wait to not be pregnant either!!

Molly said...

Oh Kristi, I'm sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed! But, I must say that is normal! You asked me if it was easier being the 4th this time...yes and no. The feeding issue was easier, but I have felt more overwhelmed and emotional than any other time! (I think part of that is the c-section recovery issue.) I am an emotional time-bomb waiting to explode, I think! :) My poor hubby! Don't stress about the nursing, I had troubles with the first two and, yes, the lactation nurses are GREAT! I'm thankful you have found a good one! But, as Leanne said, whatever you decide to do...as far as conitinuing nursing or not...is not the most important issue, no matter what others might say! You just do what is best for you and that sweet boy. Hang in there, it WILL get better! As you start to feel better, you will not feel so overwhelmed...I have noticed a big difference yesterday and today as I have felt better...now I am thinking a bit more clearly and less with my emotions! :) Just relax and let your parents help you, that is what they WANT to do! You use this time to recuperate and enjoy getting to know your baby! Praying for you, my friend! Take care.