I'm six months old today! It's been a busy month for me! I started eating oatmeal and barley. I heard that Mom and Dad were going to try me on avacodos and sweet potatoes soon - I'll be sure to let you know what I think. I am curious about what the grown ups eat, though. I like my high chair to play, I'm not quite strong enough to just sit and eat - that still annoys me.
I've got my first two teeth on the bottom - that wasn't much fun. After that, I got a sore throat and then after that, my reflux acted up. Mom and Dad (mostly Mom since Daddy comes back today!) have been having quite the time getting me to eat around 20 ounces a day for the past three weeks. Mommy took me to the doctor Thursday - and my doctor thought the reason for my still not wanting to eat was my reflux acting up after being sick. She wasn't quite sure - but she started me on Mylanta every six hours for four or five days. It has really helped me out.
I don't go back for my six month checkup til next Thursday - but I weighed 19# 6 ounces on Thursday!
The good thing about me getting a sore throat has been that they leave me alone once I go to bed now - no more late night feedings! I was waking up at those feedings and not eating - just crying. So, now I wake up between 6:30 and 7am and then go to bed at 9pm. I usually don't wake up at all through the night anymore - that makes Mommy and Daddy really happy!
I'm trying to figure how to crawl - I rock back and forth on hands and knees - I don't really go anywhere, yet. If I do move - I go backwards. I like to "jump" up and down when I'm on someone's lap.
I can sit for a few seconds on my own. Mommy usually puts me in the middle of the bed to try that.
I'm not talking very much, yet. I like to screech - I think it's funny.
Grandma and Grandpa H. were down for a week while Daddy has been gone. Mommy and I really liked having them here! I look forward to seeing them in August!
3 comments:
Hi Kristi! Thanks for sharing all the stuff Matthew has been doing. I like to see how he and Caleb are doing since they are so close. I think it's funny that they are so different. Caleb has no teeth (not anywhere close!) and is not interested in crawling at all! But, he sits for a bit and has a mean reverse in the walker! :) He goes fast! It's hilarious! He has eaten fruits first and is enjoying them...he has intestinal issues, so we had to start those first. 'Nuff said. :) He hasn't had his 6 mos. check-up yet b/c his dr. is out of town until the day we leave, so we will have him see Dr. T. when we get there. But, I think Matthew is beating him by about a half a pound or so. :) He thinks screeching is funny, too! It will be fun to see them together in August! We will be in town the first half of that week, probably leaving Thurs. but not sure. Hope it works out to get together. About your earlier post, however is most convenient for you is fine for me. Bet you're glad Daddy is home!:) Take care. Wow, this was a long comment, sorry! :)
Happy 6 months to you, MTE...Grandma's boy...what an interesting and exciting 6 months this has been! We praise the Lord for you and your wonderful Mommy and Daddy...Love you bunches, Grandma H
I see your busy, non-stop feet, Sweetie! Give Daddy a slobbery kiss from Grandma and Grandpa, please. Love you,
Grandma
Post a Comment