Monday, June 2, 2008

attitude of gratitude

I wanted to take a minute to share some things I've been thankful for.

#1 - a loving and patient God - I'm so thankful for His goodness in our lives - knowing that He is good and is working out everything for my good - even when I don't interpret "it" as good right now - I have to remember that it's not about me - thank you Mark for a good discussion and reminder in our Sunday school class yesterday.

#2 - a wonderful husband - I could give lots of examples - but won't bore you with them :o)

#3 - a healthy little boy - it's time once again to sort through his clothes - I had to bring out three boxes of new clothes in this age range to go through - I confess that I do get a little sad putting away the smaller sizes - but, I'm very thankful to be getting out lots of bigger clothes.

#4 - my job - I am so happy to be done with orientation - from the standpoint of not working as much as I had been - even though the paycheck was very pretty. I am scared to be one of two nurses and off orientation - there is just sooooo much to learn. The mundane stuff doesn't scare me (you know, the kid that came in to the ER for an ingrown toenail - what an abuse of the system!!). It's the life threatening stuff that rolls through the doors - and by life threatening - I mean my life, too, at times.

#5 - my extended family and friends - I just can't say enough how thankful I am for all of you - even though we may not talk or see each other much.

#6 - Mark's job - I would still rather be living here than us having to move every year for temporary positions in cities that I love.

2 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Helloooo. Love you also. It is fun to read and see all the fun pic of your family.

Carol Hightower said...

Awwww, what a sweetie! I LOVE the first tooth picture! So grown up! Cannot wait! Yes, Babe, we do have MUCH to be thankful for...and the best is yet to come! So thankful for our wonderful family - together forever! Thinking of His Goodness only makes us love Him more! Love to all, Sweetie. I tried an experiment: Bread pudding! YUM! Much love, Mom