Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our non-holiday holidays

Seems like since we've moved to a galaxy far, far away - holidays just aren't the same. I'm not complaining - it just is what it is. We're just not geographically close enough to any family or friends anymore - especially with gas prices!

Another reminder to keep praying that God will allow us to move closer to loved ones in the next few years.

3 comments:

Molly said...

I can understand, Kristi! We had school yesterday on Memorial Day...very un-American, I know, but it is not a Peruvian holiday. It's easy for me to struggle at the holidays, especially the "big ones" when I know all of my family is getting together, but it has gotten easier over these past 4 years. Do you have Skype on your computer? You can call free from computer to computer if you have headphones w/ a mic. You could call your family and friends for free on the holidays. That is what we have started doing. Or, you can buy credit and call a phone for about 2 cents/min. We love it!

Carol Hightower said...

Hi Babe, I guess we are just used to the way it is....yesterday was more or less "just another day". Dad and I just enjoy being together, chatting with neighbors, possibily or/and just doing our own thing. Yes, if God has it as a plan to be closer together, that would be wonderful. At least we'll be together FOREVER!! That's the best part...Much love, Mom (how was work?)

Leanne said...

I remember when I lived in California, I dreaded holidays... I wish I had taken advantage of more opportunities to get to know as many people as possible. Its hard when you first move somewhere!
One thing that Dana and I like to do is to volunteer on holidays... We like to invite people over that don't have anywhere to go either and we like to participate in community events... its a good way to get to know people also.
Hang in there! It will get better!
Leanne