Friday, May 9, 2008

Back to work

I have been thinking this week about how much I take for granted. I had my orientation in Little Rock on Mon and Tues. On Tues, we had to go around the room and say our name, where we work, what we wanted to be growing up. I was surprised that there were so many women that had grown up wanting to be a nurse and, for some reason, got side tracked and were heading back to school to fulfill their dream.

I actually felt a tinge of guilt by the time we were done. Even though I went to school for nursing right out of high school, I was never one of those people that had always wanted to be a nurse. I confess that "getting my education" is something that I've taken for granted.

At the end of the day, I truly believe that I made the right choice at the time. Nursing is a good field and you really can get a job just about anywhere You may not like the job, but you can find a job - and I know I take that for granted, too.

I still feel like I'm trying to figure out what's next - I really don't forsee doing direct patient care when I'm fifty. But, I know that God will give me the grace for that if that has to be.

Right now, working nights is what's best for our family, I'm certainly not thrilled about it - but, I can choose to be thankful for it. I know I've mentioned this before - sometimes I just need to post it again as a reminder for myself.

God is faithful and good and worthy of my trust and worship

1 comment:

Carol Hightower said...

AMEN!!! Most (if not ALL) of life is made up of choices. There are a few things that we definitely have no control over, but that's why we need to trust Him, His Word, His leading, and knowing He has our best in mind and heart. He IS comforming us to the Image of His Dear Son! Dad and I are proud of you, Babe. Much love, Mom