Yes, that is a bandage over my thumb - put on in the ER this morning. Matthew was out of carrots - so, being the "good mom", it was time to cook some more. Being in a hurry, as I usually am on a Monday morning with my agenda set out for the day, I was chopping the carrots(with my wonderful big Cutco knife) - not paying attention.........
I'll spare you the details, suffice it to say, I have just one stitch. The other stitches would have had to involve the remaining nail and the ER doc thought that would have ended up being a lot more involved and painful - I think I would have to agree. I'm thankful that Mark hadn't left for work, yet.
Thankfully, it hasn't been painful at all today. I think that's due to the pressure from the dressing. Tomorrow is another day - I won't be able to put off the dressing change. :o(
It's hard to type with a thumb bandaged up! I'm very thankful that it didn't involve my dominant thumb. Right now, I'm just aggravated at myslef!
6 comments:
ouch.... I'm so sorry, Kristi...I hurt just looking out you...those rotten carrots!
Ooooooooooooooooo...thankful it wasn't worse! The pain we go through for our children! You're a good Mom! Love you bunches, Mom
Good thing it wasn't worse. Sounds like God was watching out for you. Don't be aggravated...those things happen, probably more often that we'd like them to.
Oh, I'm so sorry, Kristi, but thankful that it wasn't worse. Take care.
Am I still your friend?????
xoxo
G
Let me guess, Gaylene either bought you the knife or gave her input.... No fear, Gaylene, I know how Kris feels about you....Carol
Post a Comment