On Tuesday nights during the semester, Mark and I teach conversational English to internationals - mainly Asian students. Well, this past Tuesday, they surprised me (Mark knew about it) with a baby shower. I had no clue!
Everything about American culture is interesting to these internationals, so an American baby shower is a great opportunity to teach more about our culture - they also used a Noah's ark theme - so that gave some biblical teaching opportunities.
I didn't have my camera - or else I would have lots of pictures to share. We did have some pictures e-mailed to us - so, if I can figure out how to upload them here, I'll share them.
Mark and I love international ministry and have been so blessed through getting to know many internationals the past year we've been here!
2 comments:
How exciting! I loved my baby showers... I hope you are taking the time to get everything in order... Have fun!!
Oh what fun!!!!!! There was a baby shower for me - a total surprise, too - about 2 months before your big brother was born! I was hoping that something like that would take place down there. Yes, Sweetie, your calling is to those international students that you know and love - and they know and love you, too! What a blessing! I feel like I have a little mini shower for you here after Pam dropped off a large, beautiful bag (no, I'm NOT going to peak!!!) and Eugenia crocheted a lovely light blue afghan and little stocking cap to match...so tiny and soooo cute! Exciting!!!!! I'm sure you will fill us in more today when we chat.... Now, to the dr every 2 weeks....trust all was fine and dandy. Oh, saw Chris McLaughlin at Pamida the other night and she was soooo excited over little Matthew Terry - and just hearing about you and your brother. She has 9 grandchildren!!!! EEK.... It hit me (when Chris and I were talking) that perhaps a year from now, you might be closer - mile-wise.... But, God is in control of that - as well as everything in our lives....we'll leave that to HIM! Thankful that we will be together forever, that's what really counts.... Will be in touch. Much love, Mom
Post a Comment