Monday, October 22, 2007

Fall Break

Fall Break is over. It worked out this year that my mom's Fall Break and Mark's coincided with each other. Mom and Dad got here on Thursday - we went to the Honeycomb for lunch. Honeycomb is my favorite lunch place in town, it's actually a tool for the mentally disabled in the community to learn skills and earn a little money. We went to the Hamburger Barn for dinner - per Mom's request.
Friday was fun, we went to WalMart - where else - for some shopping. For lunch, we hit TaMolly's and then came back to our apt - Dad did some fix up work for us - THANKS and then Mark and I headed to our OB appt. After that we headed up to Little Rock. We went to my favorite shopping area - Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma, J Jill, etc.... For dinner, we ate at Shorty Small's - a neat BBQ place. I also wanted to show Mom and Dad the European Bakery - yummy. After that we had to go to Target, actually we went to two Targets. Then we headed back here. They wore us out :o)
Saturday we went to McD's for breakfast and then Donut Palace for treats for their trip home.
Mom and Dad brought a bounty of food - as usual, and some produce. I made 1 big loaf and 3 small loaves of zuchini bread, we're having bruschetta for dinner from the tomatoes they brought. I'm also trying a butternut squash souffle for dinner, too. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the spaghetti squash - it's a bit of a challenge for me, since the last time that I used one - I was sick - stomach-wise - so the thought of it isn't too appealing - but Mark like it.
Well, we had a wonderful time. Thanks, Mom and Dad for you generosity - the curtains look great in Matthew's room and it's wonderful to have the hot water side of the washer working again!

2 comments:

Michelle H. said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. SO very glad you got to spend time with mom and dad. All the trees up here are starting to turn. It is pretty but I really really really hate to see the leaves fall. Love Ya

Molly said...

Hey Kristi! Sounds like you guys had a fun mini-vacation! Glad you enjoyed the time with your parents. I thought of you the other day when I went to the dr. and he told me to come back every two weeks! Yippee! We are getting close to the end! I think my due date is only about 10 days behind yours...I am hoping he decides to arrive BEFORE Christmas and not late like his sisters! :) How are you feeling these days? Besides really pregnant, that is! Ha! Take care.