We went up to Grand Rapids for a couple of days. I had never been there before - Mark was there at a conference last year and was eager to go back. He did a great job of finding fun stuff for us to do. There was a Curious George exhibit at the GR Childrens' Museum and we went to the zoo. Those were our main events for the two days.
I really had hoped that Matthew was feeling better - the night before we were at a cookout. I made sure to put bug spray on so he wouldn't get eaten up by mosquitos - but, one got past the spray and bit him on the ankle. Matthew's entire body seems to revolt everytime he gets bit on his legs. This time was no different. He always ends up with heat and redness and swelling well beyond the bite and runs a low grade fever. Thank goodness I packed the Benadryl and Ibuprofen - I wished that I had given it to him sooner - he started perking up about a half an hour before bedtime. I do think he had a good time, esp. at the museum yesterday - I think the Curious George statue scared him. As for the zoo this morning - either he's zoo'd out or he was just feeling yucky - or a bit of both.
We definitely plan to go back! The picture that you see of the sting rays was in a shallow pool - we had to pay $1 each for the privelege of sticking our hands in the water so that the sting rays could come and swim under and touch our hands. I had to keep reminding myself was that this was geared toward kids so it had to be safe - 'cause I kept trying not to think of that Australian guy who was killed by one a few years ago. I was proud of Matthew - he actually put both hands in the water - that is very brave for him!
3 comments:
Glad you had a good time. (Glad I thought to check your blog this time!) Sorry about those ole mosquitoes, too...maybe he'll out grow them. bummer Glad you're back home safely....love to all. :o)
poor guy! that's how Christopher reacts to bug bites also:(
there's a children's museum in St. Joseph also. Its by the beach and very near the HUGE fully restore carousel!
Sounds like there are LOTS of zoos up there! What fun! Had to smile about MTE being reluctant about Curious George's statue. Grandma totally understands that - I didn't like Santa Claus - especially sitting on his lap! - and didn't want clowns too close (then, in later years for you kids, it was the Easter bunny - that Heather Dawn promptly wet on! We figured that was NOT the first time - or if it was, glad it was she!) :o)
Dress warmly tonight for you get together....:o)
Post a Comment