Thursday, March 12, 2009

All of this for $106!!


I know I've mentioned this before, but, I LOVE the Duck Duck Goose events in Little Rock. They're held in the Spring and Fall with weather appropriate clothing + everything else for sale. Imagine going to a garage sale with 1,500 families participating!!

The most "expensive" thing that I bought was the work bench for $15. It had seen better days and had a few missing and additional tools - but for $15?? Matthew will never know the difference - I think he'll enjoy it. Some of the toys may not hold his attention very long - but, they're new to him - and that is good.

I bought only a few clothing items. Thanks to Matthew's very generous grandparents, he lacks for little, really. I use this as my opportunity to buy him a few higher end items that just look special - things that I would never be able to rationalize buying even at clearance prices in the store. Granted, I did splurge and fork out $8 for one item - that's about double my self-imposed limit. I was also able to purchase a pair of Robeez and Stride Rite shoes, too.

On a side note - I stood outside in the cold rain(with my umbrella) in 30's temps at 6:45am in a line waiting to get in. That is how much I love this event. I wouldn't do that for After Thanksgiving Day Sales!

4 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, man, that sounds like fun! Wish I could've gone with you! You got some good deals. We LOVE Robeez shoes...they are the only ones Caleb will leave on his feet. But, they have always been a gift or I bought them on clearance online...in my opinion they are still expensive, but worth it b/c they fit for two shoe sizes with the elastic and since he won't leave any others on, well, it solves that problem, too! :) Glad you had such a productive and fun time!

Alison said...

My goodness girl, you left Arkadelphia before 6?? You're NUTS! But I understand. I have an OB appointment tomorrow right after lunch and didn't want to travel out there two days in a row so we're headed out there tomorrow. Hope there's still quite a bit left by then! I'm sure with the amount of stuff they have there will still be plenty. Timing's perfect b/c Zoe has almost no spring/summer clothes right now. And we're shopping for Ethan who will arrive in about 6 weeks.

Carol Hightower said...

WOW...what a haul! Praise the Lord! I see you were able to get one of those steering wheel things that we had - but broke! UGH...hopefully, it's fixed so he can play with it up here. Love the little tryke! Ohhhhh, what fun and praise the Lord - AGAIN!! I was able to get him a little "truck" that he can walk behind and push - makes a clicking noise and the doors open, etc. I think he'll enjoy it - after all, it only set us back a buck! What fun! The picture with the clipped bangs is now the background....God bless....

COURTNEY said...

I have SUCH a weakness for children's toys. I rationalize it by saying that I'll be a speech therapist and NEED them someday. :) This sounds like heaven. Wish they had such an event in Lafayette...