Matthew tries to do the hand motions to eentsy weensty spider now - he's fun to watch. He points to everything now and wants you to tell him what it is - or get it for him ;o) Matthew loves his meals! This "free kisses" shirt was from Grandma and Grandpa E. for Valentine's day. :o) And, yes, he still needs a haircut.
Matthew's other big "accomplishment" is that he's been officially down to one nap a day for over a week now. Oddly enough - it's the afternoon nap that he gave up. So, now, the morning nap has been stretched from 10:30 til around 12 or 12:30. The great thing for Mommy and Daddy...........bedtime is an hour earlier - 7pm!!! He still gets up around 6am - he's just a morning baby. Of course, this new routine has thrown me for a loop! I have one nap to try to get everything done in - I don't know that I've completely adjusted to that - looking at my exercise routine - or lack therof will be proof enough.
3 comments:
Oooooo, love the puppy tail/outfit - I bet that's from PA, as well. How neat! Also notice a new blue car. What fun! Glad he is eating well, of course. Grandma has a cold! (bummer) By the way, pray that Grandma E is doing better! Love to all...
Ha, that's so funny. We have tried twice to get Zoe on one nap a day. 19 months old and still taking 2. She did one a day for about a month but I realized that when her one nap went from an hour and a half to 20 minutes that she was so overtired that she just wouldn't sleep long. How's that for throwing you for a loop? Going from one hour twice a day to one 20 minute nap? Needless to say, Ms. Grumpy went back to two naps a couple of weeks ago and is doing fine with them. You'll adjust. Best advice I can give you is to try doing something I like to call "blanket time" a couple of times a day. Set a blanket down, put two or three toys he really enjoys, and instruct him to stay on the blanket until mommy or daddy comes to get him. Initially, it'll be less than 5 minutes (maybe more), but as some time passes, you can extend that time. It really has helped when I have to attend meetings or something at church. I take the blanket and some toys and she sits there for 20 minutes or more. But that time will allow you to get some needed housework done without a little "helper" behind you at all times. Something else you can try is to sit him in his high chair or booster seat with a knobby puzzle (or wooden puzzle) and have puzzle time...same idea. Crayons, when he can color, are something else. Not only do you get an hour or so spread out over the course of the day, but he gets some necessary independent time. Keep that hour and a half he sleeps for exercise and you'll be surprised how quickly you learn to work during those 15-20 minute spurts.
I can't believe how big he is!!! Oh how we miss being in Arkadoo! There will be many more transitions to come.
Post a Comment