Tuesday, April 1, 2008

attitude of gratitude

Thought it was about time to share these.......

A couple of times in the last few weeks, I've had to go through literally piles of new and gently used clothes for Matthew that have been given to us - various sizes up to 2T. Let me just say that it was quite a humbling experience! Friends and family have been so generous with us - we are so thankful - not only for the clothes - but more importantly for those relationships!! We wish that we were closer to our loved ones so all of you could meet MTE in person - Lord willing, that will happen, though.

I'm so thankful for a wonderful, godly husband who not only helps in the caring for MTE but in so many other ways, loves me the way that I am, yet, gently challenges me to grow and see things from a different perspective.

I'm so thankful for our sweet little boy. I've always loved him - but sense that I am falling in love with him as he grows older and more responsive to us.

I can also say that I am truly thankful for the convenience of a small town - basically everywhere I need to go is five minutes away. Note that I said NEED - I do concede that Target and Starbucks are not needs :o)

It looks like the local hospital will be making a spot for me to work prn(as needed) in the ER. Knowing that they are going to let someone go who hasn't worked in a few months makes me feel a bit indebted to them (the head nurse in the ER goes to our church and he's been joking around with me since he found out that I had 10 years of critical care experience about working there). So, we'll see how that goes - whenever that happens. We are so thankful that I won't have to commute - any commute would have been at least 40 minutes away. I'm thankful for a sensitive hubby who knows that I've been dreading this whole night shift thing - but has reminded me that it's only one or two nights a week at the most.

4 comments:

Carol Hightower said...

Praise the Lord, Babe, about the job! My prayer was that you would NOT have to travel! Gives me goosebumps, for sure! Yes, we are thankful for your Godly husband, too, and all the help he is to you but with MTE, as well. We really saw his love and care for you at Christmas...now, we see just that, and more, with the little Man involved! You don't know how thankful Dad and I are for the "in=laws" that God has sent out way. Sherrie is a blessing and loves our son, Mark is there to sustain and love you - and loves our daughter, dearly! What more could we ask - other than we praise the Lord for our eternity together - all of us!! I could go on and on, but this is just another reminder, that God loves us more than we can possibly understand. Having a little one gives greater meaning to how Mary must have felt, knowing her Son had come to die!! What love she had. Won't it be wonderful when we can all sit around and share MOTHER stories??? Yes, MTE is a little guy that is easy to fall in love with - I'm already praying for his future wife. Hope she is like his Mommy! Love you bunches, and the BEST is yet to come!
Mom

Kandie Stilwell said...

We aren't blessed, aren't we? God is so generous with his blessings but sometimes it takes changes to make us see them. Oh, how I know :)

Kandie Stilwell said...

Guess what?! I am going to work PRN at Home Hospital step down/ICU on furlough. How cool is that! We would like to save money to build a house/pay Rebekah's deductible so the job will be great. I am excited and nervous. I haven't worked in nursing for 13 years!

Leanne said...

Congratulations on the new job...I think it sounds like a good situation all around...
That's the great thing about being a nurse...you can always find SOMETHING...
I'm encouraged by Kandie's comment that I can get a job even after 13 years away from it...that's always nice to know!