Well, we're still trying to figure out this little guy! I called our doctor's office today to see what was next on the agenda - things had not improved - and, of course, the doctor that we had been talking with on Monday was off today. So, this doctor had us switch MTE to a soy formula - off to WalMart, again.
I'm confident that the other doctor would have just changed his reflux meds - but, I guess I should be thankful that this doctor wants to find out if the milk based formula is causing the distress. She said to give it a week - well, if there's no significant change in the next day or two, I can assure you that Mark will be calling much sooner.
Except for nighttime, I feel like we have a two week old baby all over again - when is he going to eat, is he going to eat, etc... His naps are messed up because - guess what - he's hungry.
Anyway, I do have a small victory which I will claim for the day. We had a somewhat fuss free feeding at noon(off schedule, of course). He ate 4oz while I held him in the kitchen. That seems to be the most distracting place - looking at the lights, the magnets on the fridge, etc... I guess standing and holding a 16# baby for over a half an hour will be a good enough workout for my left arm - I'm just going to have to switch to the other arm this afternoon. :o)
My wonderful husband is good about reminding me that this is only temporary - worst case scenerio - he has to go to the hospital for IV feedings for a few days - he made it sound so easy - but if that's what it comes to - then it will be okay - he will get his nutrition one way or the other. I love Mark!! (and Matthew, of course)
4 comments:
Hi Babe....alas, we are still praying, of course, and hoping that all would be resolved by now. What a little bugger! This picture makes him look sooooo much older! Have you tried any spoon feeding? Cereal? (or is that a no no any more....) Please keep us posted, and we'll keep praying.
Much love and consider yourself hugged...yes, we are thankful you have Mark - and MTE, of course!!! Mom (Gay looked up some info about babies not wanting to eat - and something about a different texture nipple...worth a try)
Oh, you poor things! I will continue praying for you. Glad you can find a victory in the midst of it...way to burn those calories! :) Isn't it wonderful how God gives us hubbies who aren't quite as emotional as we are (especially when majorly lacking sleep!) and help us to view the practical side of things?!! :)
I'm sorry, Kristi, I know that this has got to be tough. You'll figure it out! Hang in there!
hang in there friend!
i can't imagine what you are going through but i will be praying for you!
Post a Comment