Matthew rolled over from his back to his front this morning!!
On the eating front - after talking with Sherrie and suggestion from Mom - I decided to hold off on feeding MTE for a bit yesterday - to see if he just wasn't hungry. Sure enough, he ate much better. We were trying to "force feed" him as much as he had been eating. We were accustomed to him eating 4-6oz at every feeding that we assumed that that's what he needed - also the APA book that I have said that he should be taking in about 30oz/day by four months. Sherrie thought that maybe he had been having a growth spurt and has just tapered off and is just not as hungry anymore.
Ughhhhhhh! Like everyone says, just as soon as you get used to one thing/routine - they change. That's the truth! Now we're trying to adjust to spreading feedings out a bit more, being okay with 3oz at a feeding - I have to remind myself - as well as Mark - that as long as he is pooping and peeing - and gaining weight - 3oz at this age is okay - that's probably the most challenging part to remember.
Thanks for the prayers and encouragement! I had NO doubt that this parenting thing would be a humbling experience! And to think that people actually laugh at me when I tell them that I pray every day that God will protect Matthew and keep him safe - despite us! :o) God IS good!
4 comments:
Way to go girl. Aren't family members just wonderful! Keep up the good work.
Hey, Babe, I cannot figure out why anyone would actually "laugh" - I still pray that God will protect you and Steve(and families) - despite your parents...haha. God truly cares - and wants to hear our prayers. Thankfully, they are not silly to Him....we're supposed to ask! Love seeing a pic with his pretty Mom in there! Yup, the 1st one needs to be disposible! Much love, Mom (we've got some more clothes for this little busy guy!)
Love seeing the "diaper" - that was Steve's constant companion. We had feared that he would want to take that to kindergarten, then to Purdue, but that didn't happen....thankfully! This is our new background.....Love, Mom
I'm glad to know he is doing much better...imagine having 3 children whose routines are always "evolving"...I'd love to say that I just go with the flow...but that just isn't true!! And I pray a more basic prayer..."Lord, help us not to mess them up TOO much"...
More importantly...you look beautiful and I LOVE your hair longer like that....
He is turning into quite a little handsome young man!
Post a Comment