Monday, July 16, 2007

Last day in New Haven

Ahh, our last day here. I will miss it - New Haven is a great college town!! I'm taking it easy today - knowing that I will be "out" the rest of the week - trying to navigate around NYC.
On a pregnant note - I woke up today with swollen, sore gums - it seems as if it's not one thing it's another. I'm rinsing with salt water a lot and that is helping. Immunosuppression in pregnancy is no small matter, I am learning. I haven't had this many "ailments" in years. I have to remind myself that pregnancy is not a disease - women do this all the time. I just have to keep it all in perspective - and not wonder why I can't be one of those women who felt the best when they were pregnant - who are these women?!
Anyway, Ikea was wonderful yesterday ................. pausing a moment to reflect.
Will see if I can find a place to get on the internet the rest of the week.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Kristi... when I was pregnant, I NEVER felt well. Hang in there, girl! I think its harder as nurses, because we don't particularly like to be sick and we definitely do not make good patients!
If nothing else, this is just one of the many things you can hold over little Matthew's head when he whines about how hard life is!! Hee, hee...

Carol Hightower said...

Monday....and tomorrow it's on to NYC for the Edwards family....what fun! Tim and Peggy stopped by this AM - nice visit. Tried to get them to stay for lunch, but they had things to do... Take care of yourself, Babe. In our prayers OFTEN! Love you bunches, Mom (thankful that God is in control!)

Molly said...

N.Y.--what fun!! Have a great time...but be sure to take care of yourself!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Carol Hightower said...

Good AM...I assume that you are in NYC. We were watching Fox News yesterday afternoon about the "scare" at the NYC Library...at 42nd street and 5th Ave. Strange how the news about NYC seems so much more personal now that you guys are there!!! How is the gum/tooth situation. You are in our prayers often, to say the least. I'm up early (with that awful sounding ALARM) for a dental appt in less than an hr. Take care, and God bless. God IS in control. Much love, Mom

Carol Hightower said...

Greetings, we got your phone message. We went to Jasper today - met Buddy and Brenda for breakfast - and got back here about 3:30. Got your call and one from Dr. Dawkins's office about Dad's stress test - on the 30th. Wish we could have chatted...hope you find a computer somewhere... When will you be heading to NJ - I think that is where Princeton is..
Love you bunches, Mom (greet your man, of course, and pat little Matthew)

Carol Hightower said...

FOOD TOUR DAY.....Dad is feeling much better. However, the stress test is scheduled for the 30th...Much love, Mom