Friday, July 6, 2007

Bloomsburg, PA

We arrived safely in Philly as planned on the fourth. The weather has been wonderful!!!! (We haven't seen the 70's during the day for a couple of months now.)
We saw Grandma at the nursing home yesterday - will probably go Saturday, too. We're eating at all the usual favorites - May's Drive-in for lunch, Grotto pizza - we have a few more days to get other favorites in - Terrapin (Mexican) and another pizza place.
It is really a beautiful area, lots of history.
We leave on Sunday for CT.
I purchased my ticket on-line for a food tour in NYC on the 20th - that should be fun. I am a little leary of travelling the subway by myself, though.
We're having a great time - apart from the persistent nausea(it just won't go away) - it's so nice to see family again

2 comments:

Carol Hightower said...

Good AM, Babe, so nice to see that you have added to your blog from out East! Ooooooooooooo, now I will be praying about your traveling on the subway....have to tell myself that God is in control! You know what Grandma would say: Stay away from naughty people!!!! (Even tho I don't understand about angels, I'm praying that there are many around you (and your hubby) in your travels.) We've had rain once again - praise the Lord for that. Oh, we LOVE the new windows...if I had only really listened to Dad, we would have had them a long time ago! These are much more efficient, too...hopefully, no more $$$$$ floating out the window with the heat or a/c! Nuff of that... so glad that you can be with the Edwards family - wonderful, memorable times together! Please greet them (and all the ones we know out there) from us. Love you bunches,
Mom and Dad, of course....

Carol Hightower said...

Good Saturday AM...strange, I have my other comment posted, but it didn't add it to the comments. Oh well...I'll just add another one and see if this one counts!! We returned Karolyn's wheel chair yesterday - thankful she doesn't need it anymore!! Praise the Lord. Talked to Brenda S. yesterday, so she's praying about your subway experience, too....Just wanted to say HI, and hopefully, will be chatting sometime this w/d. Much love, Mom and Dad (greet all, of course)