I've completed my first week of Lent. My sacrifice to our Lord is no sweets - no cookies, no ice cream, no doughnuts, etc......... Only once did I eat a doughnut. That - truthfully - was out of desire to not offend our dear friends who own the town's doughnut shop(Dahni and Kaohng). It is a mixed blessing to be friends with doughnut shop owners ;o). They are a sweet couple from Cambodia to whom we've been trying to befriend. And, as with the Asian culture - they are very giving! Matthew and I stopped in there Tuesday morning and I ordered a little pig in blanket - thinking that if I had gotten something, she wouldn't give me or Matthew a ton of doughnut holes with his doughnut. I was wrong - Dahni plopped a big ole fruit fritter in my basket.
So, I've decided that if Dahni gives me a doughnut, I will graciously accept it, otherwise everything else is the same. I do realize that it is the heart motivation that matters the most, not the scorecard at the end of the day. I'm normally there only one day a week at the most, anyway.
I do count it as a victory in the sense that, I tend to be all or nothing. So, I was tempted to just eat sweets later in the day with the "I've-already-blown-it-so-let's-just-chalk-up-the-whole-day-as-a-loss" thinking. Praise God that I did not succomb to that thinking!!
2 comments:
Poor Kris, you are soooooo your Mother!!! I've been trying to lay off of sweets, too - just so I will have more energy - and I definitely need to lose some (ugh) weight! Please greet D & K....wonderful friends, for sure.... Has business picked up for them? Love you.
Mom
great! Praise God! I've prayed for you a couple times this week. I will keep praying!
Post a Comment