Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The playdough project


I decided it was time to try out playdough with Matthew! I found these homemade recipes and have just put the cooked flour one in the fridge. I had read on one site where the mom added some vanilla to the dough so it would smell good(instead of no smell at all). I added most of a bottle of lemon flavoring. I took a tiny taste - assuming that Matthew would be doing the same at some point - and it tasted like a salty lemon. I wish that I had had some food coloring - but I didn't. I chose the cooked recipe because it supposed to last for several months in an airtight container in the fridge - which is a lot longer(several months longer) than the uncooked versions. It was really easy to make.

We'll see how Matthew likes it this afternoon! I'm so excited!! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! Will be interesting to see how he reacts to this - who knows, he might be a scupltor! Such a busy guy! You're a GOOD MOM!!! :o) (he has a pretty terrific Dad, too!) How was last night?