Thursday, April 16, 2009

The haircut!






Yes, today was the day!

We weren't quite sure what to expect. We went to Mark's barber this morning for the big haircut. Matthew was pretty much devastated with the whole process until the other barber brought the box of toys. Nothing too exciting - I think they were mostly toys from kids' meals - but they were new to Matthew and that was enough to keep him distracted through the rest of the cut.

I'm glad that we held out til he started walking - if I had known it would take him til 15months to walk - we probably wouldn't have made the declaration. He is a big boy now!

5 comments:

Leanne said...

He looks so handsome! I may actually let Dana cut Michael's hair now!

buscher3 said...

How cute is he??? He looked absolutely terrified...poor thing. Amazing how one little haircut can change your perception of him, isn't it? He looks like a little boy now...no more baby.

Carol Hightower said...

Oh my.....what a difference. Your friends are right - no more baby, that's for sure! Poor little guy, he sure was unhappy!Glad that Daddy could be there, too......I wondered if he hadn't had his hair cut when you mentioned the blog on the phone. What a handsome little boy!!! And he walks, too!!! God has truly blessed!

Molly said...

Aaw! He looks adorable! Love the new look!

Kandie Stilwell said...

You've got the cutest little baby face...ooops...guess not. What a little man. They grow up so quickly.