Monday, September 10, 2007

Autumn

Well, it's not in Arkansas, yet. Still in the 80's and humid - but I know that Autumn is coming! Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year - crisp days, lower humidity, changing colors, football, etc...
Living in Inidana, though, always brought a bit of dread, too. I knew that just around the corner was winter. Winter would be my least favorite time of the year, dreary, layers upon layers of clothes, wind chill factors, never being able to get warm where I lived because I never wanted big heating bills.
Not the case down here. Yeah, there made be some cold days, but not like North Central Indiana. I'm sure that in time I'll miss snow, but for now, I'm reveling in the thought of a mild winter.

1 comment:

Carol Hightower said...

Good AM, Babe...I know what you mean about FALL!!! When that "certain" smell is in the air, the breeze is right, and the humidity is down ~ WOW!!! Hope you read the article about the Willises - scary, for sure! Take care, and love you bunches,
Mom